SAMSN Digital Hub
IFJ Asia-Pacific More Info Sun Jan 26, 2020
- Sri Lanka: Tamil journalists receive death threats
- Pakistan: Journalist sentenced to five years in prison
- Sri Lanka: Police refuse to file death threat complaint by journalist
- The Free Media Movement condemns the degrading treatment meted out for professional journalists
- Nepal: Parliamentary committee passes controversial IT Bill
- PFUJ condemn manhandling of anchorperson
The Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) has strongly condemns the incident of manhandling of anchorperson Mubashar Luqman by Federal Minister Fawad Ch and demanded the Prime Minister Imran Khan to take action against the Minister.
Federal Minister Fawad Chaudhary and his body guards manhandled famous anchorperson Mubashar Luqman for some personal differences over a talk show while they were attending a marriage ceremony here in a hotel at Lahore on Sunday. Fawad ch slapped Mubashar and passed some immoral comments.
PFUJ President GM Jamali and Secretary General Rana Azeem condemned the incident and asked the Prime Minister Imran Khan to take action against Fawad Ch otherwise the PFUJ would stage countrywide protests.
“We consider the manhandling incidence tantamount to attack on the freedom of journalism. The PFUJ will not bear such behaviour of the Federal Minister. Infact this is the second such incident of manhandling of Fawad ch. he had also manhandling another anchorperson a couple of months ago. the coverage of the ruling party will be stopped if the PM did not take action against the minister,” the PFUJ leadership said.
Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists