IFJ Byte Back Campaign Resources
From the Media
- Pakistan govt urged to provide secure environment to womenA resolution passed on International Women’s day underlined the fact that information-technology-related violations, abuses, discrimination and violence against women, including women human rights defenders, such as online harassment, cyber-stalking, violation of privacy, censorship and the hacking of e-mail accounts, mobile phones and other electronic devices, with a view to discrediting them and/or inciting other violations and abuses against them, are a growing concern.
- The Indian woman’s guide to 4 types of online trollsThe perfect targets for online trolls are successful and opinionated women, who wear what they want and stand up for what they believe in.
- What Studying the Impact of Surveillance on Women Can Teach Us About Power A new research project that examines the impact of surveillance on women offers wider answers about the relationship between data, power and autonomy.
More from the media here.
See the IFJ Byte Back Campaign happening across the Asia-Pacific here
- Gendering Surveillance A new report hopes to make more concrete the multifaceted ways in which widespread surveillance shapes and harms our lives. Gendering surveillance deepens and sharpens the debate, allowing us to move it forward in new and profoundly empowering ways.
- The Report of the Best Practices Forum on Online Abuse and Gender-Based Violence Against Women and Girls The report by Internet Governance Forum 2015 found that online abuse and gender-based violence have to be studied keeping in mind offline/physical environments, and potential repercussions in offline/physical environments. The Report suggests that relief and redress to victims of online abuse must be prioritised over criminalisation.
- Challenging Patriarchy through the lens of Privacy This special briefing by the Privacy International for International Women's Day, 2017 explores concerns related to online privacy, surveillance, women's rights and gender.
More resources here.